The main aim of redesigning a website is to rebrand it with a fresh new look. First impressions always count and your website needs to attract customers first. More often than not, a website is the first point of contact a customer has with a brand. Having a website that conveys the message the brand wants to send will ensure smooth communication between the brand and its consumer.
When do you know it is time for you to redesign your website to keep up with the modern trends?
Firstly let’s ask yourself these questions:
- How old is your website?
- Has your target audience changed?
- Is your website mobile-friendly and user-friendly?
- Does your website seem outdated?
If you ponder before answering any of these questions, it is time to redesign your website. Our suggestion would be to revamp your website once every 1 to 3 years.
To quote an example, an interior designer takes on multiple new projects every year and has to constantly update his/her portfolio. Similarly, there is a need to constantly update a new website to showcase the most recent works.
It is easy to spot websites with bad design.
- When your website is not found in the search engine.
- The search engine optimization (SEO) does not capture the keyword that the audience is looking at. Your website can be well-designed but if it lacks the important keywords, the SEO will be affected.
- When your website is unprofessionally done.
- Some examples would be contrasting images and long paragraphs of disorganized text.
- When your website is not mobile-friendly.
- It is all about the responsiveness of a website. Users use all sorts of devices to view a website. Hence, there is a need to ensure that they do not have any problems zooming in and out of while browsing.
As times change, the trends in web design will change as well. The market for eCommerce is far from over-saturation with a ton of eCommerce sites still emerging. In order to engage users and acquire more retailers, efficient web design and development plays a key role. At Pixel Mechanics, we combine simple, elegant and trending layouts with user intent functionalities. You could take a look at some of our works done for our past clients before reaching out.